In this bright picture book, many different perspectives around the world are deftly explored—from a pair of bird-watchers to the pigeons they’re feeding. Luminous illustrations invite young readers to engage with the world in a new way and see how everyone is connected, and that everyone matters.
WATCH and LISTEN to Christian Robinson read his new picture book You Matter:
The publisher has provided an activity packet to go along with the book.
Here’s a super simple craft to make courtesy acupcakefortheteacher.com.
- Cut out a piece of white paper in the shape of a cloud.
- Help your child write their name in the middle of the cloud.
- Cut out strips of paper in the colors of the rainbow: a red strip, an orange strip, etc.
- Brainstorm with your child some positive attributes. In the example below, the parent and child came up with descriptive words that started with each letter of the child’s name but it is not necessary. Focus on their personality and inner beauty rather than appearances.
- Write those attributes on the colored strips of paper.
- Glue the ends of the colored strips to the back side of the cloud (see below for example).