Be a Friend
Print and mail a copy of the Friends membership application (pdf) or make a special donation at any time. Thank you for your continuing support.
- Seasonal bus trips to Glimmerglass Opera and New York City.
- Bus trip to NYC Saturday, Dec. 3. All seats have been filled.
- Serve on the Friends’ board of directors or volunteer at
Friends-sponsored library events.
- Contact Friends liaison Geoffrey Kirkpatrick at (518) 439-9314, ext. 3022, or any Friends board member.
- Learn about advocacy for libraries.
Sign up for email notifications
You can receive email notifications of the Friends’ programs, book sales and other events.
Click here to sign up.
Help the Friends and the Storch family support new technology
Joe and Naomi Storch founded the Krakower-Storch Family Technology Fund with a lump-sum donation of $1,000, and pledged to match up to $1,000 of other donations to the fund each year for five years. The money is used to purchase items for the library’s collection that use technology to inform, educate or entertain.
The fund was established in honor of Naomi and Joe’s parents, Judith and Stephen Krakower, Genie Storch, and Sam Storch, and their grandparents, the late Nathan and Rita Romm, the late Israel and Betty Tenenbaum, the late Minnie and Eliot Storch, Richard and Eleanor Krakower, and Sonya Rose.
Click the button below to donate.
Services to our community
- Bus trips to New York City, Glimmerglass and other destinations
- Museum passes for loan
- A Little Sunday Music annual winter concert series
- Writers and Friends author series past guests: Donald Westlake, Jeffery Deaver, Russell Banks, Susan Cheever, Julia Spencer-Fleming and others
- Kids and Friends performance series
- …and more!
The Friends annual meeting is held the third Monday in December at 6:30 p.m. All meetings are open to the public.This year’s annual meeting will be Monday, Dec. 19, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. Friends Members can vote on the agenda items. The agenda will include a vote on the slate of candidates for the Board of Directors and a vote on the officers. If you are interested in being on the Board of Directors, please contact Mary Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 9, 2022.
2022 Board of Directors
President – Jeremy JohannesenVice-President – Polly Hartman Treasurer – Richard Naylor Secretary – Mary Phillips Directors – Patricia Caporta, Jessica Kansas, Barbara Kling, Jamie Onderdonk, and Paula Mia Rollins