Policy adopted by the Library Board of Trustees, April 7, 2004
Policy revised February 17, 2009
Policy revised December 14, 2015
Bethlehem Public Library provides four study rooms as a service to library users.
Study room A accommodates up to 6 users. Study rooms B and C accommodate up to 3 users each. The meeting room with the Smart Board accommodates up to 8 users.
Patrons using the study rooms agree to the following:
- Study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis; reservations will not be taken. The Smart Board meeting room may be reserved during select times under the guidelines of the meeting room policy.
- Anyone wishing to use a study room must register at the Information Desk.
- Anyone may use a study room for one hour. This time may be extended if no one is waiting. Extended time expires as soon as another request for the room is received.
- Patrons will be assigned the smallest room that will appropriately accommodate them, based on availability.
- Study rooms close 5 minutes before the library closes.
- Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied by an adult while in a study room.
- Study room users agree to abide by this policy, the library’s Patron Conduct Policy, and all instructions from library staff.
- The library reserves the right to allocate a study room for a library-sponsored program or meeting.